10-29-2014, 01:27 AM   #13
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTony View Post
Hi jaeezzy,
Notice your joining date is 2014, is that also the year of your car.
Looks like your happy with your original wheels. I'm not sure if you pasti-dip, what the process is and how long doe's it last.

Interesting that the Kraftwerk Power Module can be installed by outside shop and cannot be seen or detected by the BMW shop. What is there Warranty and what parts do they Warrant on your X1.
Tuning Chip. My latest consideration is the TWIN Channel from tdituning.co.uk -After warranty expires end of this year. People say about chips, put on and take off for Servicing. I am not sure that the Service centre can detect it had a chip on it. Maybe if they purposely looked for any unusual boost indications on the ECU.

Supersprint has some good options and choices for the diesel.
Hartage also do diesel one. You might not find it on there main site.
Try hartage-gives-the-bmwx1-quad-exhaust-pipes
It looks and sits fantastic at the back BUT I really think it's an overkill for a diesel car. In my opinion it would best suit the 35i X1 and with the 28i, maybe have a single pipe each side.
The best one (again in my opinion) would be to delete the right side pipe and tips and just have the left side that has better muffler. I am looking at having this style made at local exhaust shop but if Hartage could do good price I would buy.
Hood Vents - Agree with Twix.
OIL- If your thinking of changing more often, I have just purchased 4x 5Ltr. for both diesels, can recommend.
WHEELS - I got from USA some time ago. Installing next month. Took a long time of searching.
The 28i and 35i guys from the USA have been a great source of information.
Keep in touch.
Thanks GTony for you suggestions..

I'm loving my X1 but I guess it's human to be not satisfied with what you get

I feel the 18s are bit too small for X1 for my preference. But from my calculations, I could be terribly wrong , I found that the overall diameter of the wheel (including tyre) is actually slightly bigger than stock 19s? I actually am looking for bigger, flatter wheels but since money comes in the way, I've decided to just plastidip the wheel black n settle for now Have never done this before but have been watching a lot of youtubes so hoping it turns out as I'm expecting.

So what wheels do you have? Is the overall diameter (including tyre) bigger than the stock ones? Coz, I'm looking into like e.g 245/40 19 front & 275/35 19 rear if such is possible.

I came across tdi-tuning's twin channel module before but have forgotten completely about it. It promises a lot of things and costs $1000+ cheaper than KraftWerk power module. I would be very interested to know why this could be as RamSpeed here is asking AUD1,850 for KraftWerk module.

Since I'm very new to this car thing and everything that are involved like warranty and insurance I'm quite scared to risk them. Also, I've only had mine for 4 months now 2014make. So, does most ppl who does mods do it at the cost of losing their warranty or wait till warranty expires?

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0