View Single Post
      09-18-2017, 05:02 AM   #12
AKRAPOVICOWNS
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Yes, indeed they don't need to prove anything. Because there's nothing left to prove.

BMW M sucks. He said it himself. "Armada of vessels". Lol. Let's just Sell as many boats we can.

This guy is delusional. M has pretty much nothing really exciting to look up to. Big sedans and SUVs. It's a brand that's just there to make money, as he points out. There's nothing else there. Desire to innovate, bring excitement. "Let's just get our money and move on".

The R8 and AMG GT are niche cars, that's right. But they sell a lot. There's money there too, otherwise, why would they bother building it.."brand recognition", that those halo products create, also brings customers. MB is even coming out with a 4-door version of it, something must be going right for them. I bet they profit more out of those niche cars than M with the "Xx M" for the so called masses.

I thought they were eager to make something relevant again, but I was wrong. A sub-Brand like M is not just about money. It's about brand image as well. AMG has overtaken M pretty much everywhere, especially in relevance in Motorsport as a whole. The only thing "holding" them back is that they're built on fat cars from MB.

They forgot what made them get where they are in the first place.
Appreciate 0