02-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #26
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
Watched a bit of 'Meet the Press' today; the moderator went to some lengths to blame this winter's weather on 'Climate Change', or whatever they are calling it this week. 'Global warming' has taken a beating this winter, so I'm sure it's necessary to try to change the discussion.
Climate change and extreme weather as harbingers of overall global warming has been the scientific position for some time now. A few years ago there was a big disaster movie from the director who did Independence Day, "The Day after Tomorrow", and it was a climate change movie with the extreme weather being cold. A ridiculous movie but the point I'm making is, it wasn't just this winter that made people start using the term "climate change." Still, it boils down to overall global temps warming, so that's why the confusion about "global warming" and then why winters are getting harsher as well.

Now is there lock-down scientific proof that global climate change/warming is man-made? Controversial. And while we wait for a conclusive answer...hmm. You get the point.

Anywho I'm 58 and checking out in a few decades (my dad's still with us at 92). I'll let your kids deal with it ;-)
Appreciate 0