View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #31
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTGator View Post
Hey paradoxical3... I just finished reading your huge post with the M3 guys the other day... You never went back to that thread to update them with your track info did you? I read that thread after reading the beginning of this one and was laughing to myself right along with you when they couldn't comprehend you weren't saying the X1 was better than the M3, but better at certain things. Hehe
Nah, it's not worth it. I had my fun stirring the hornet's nest already. But the funny part is that one of the guys in that forum (though not an instigator in the thread) is one of the guys I passed on the track

He was a genuinely nice guy and came up to me afterwards to say how impressed he was with the car so I'm not going to name names!

Quote:
Para, glad you had a good time on the track. Hope you keep it up and look forward to doing some laps with you in the future. Mid Ohio is on my list of tracks to instruct at but this job in Germany has side tracked my track endeavors for the time being.

As a regular track guy myself, I am confident in the braking ability of the x28i. I wouldn't characterize the x28i brakes as poor in any case. I'd say they are good and that the x35i may be a little better than good.
Mid-Ohio is such a cool track. Frankly, I'm afraid I've developed a severe addiction. I think my friends and family are sick of me by now because every other sentence starts with, "When I was at the track..." I will be finding a way to get out there each and every opportunity this coming season, so I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually.

I should have been more careful with my choice of words. The 28i's brakes aren't "poor" (and as I said, I believe the longer braking distances are largely a result of the less-than-ideal all season tires that the review samples have). I should have said that they are less powerful than those of the x35i.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 10-24-2013 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0