View Single Post
      08-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #13
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

Me, I went back after work and drove the 35. It had Xline, premium, nav, wood that I don't like (different with xline). I confirmed the soundtrack, sounds nice (way better) under throttle. Steering is different- 35 comes with servotronic (opt on 28i, one I drove didn't have)- nice while parking with more boost, seemed to firm up nicely at speed but would take another go round to say if I like it more for sure. Oddly I felt the 35 rode nicer (even with the 18s). While the 28 was impressive the 35 (other than annoying off the line lag even in sport) felt that full second faster to me (what BMW quotes). Brakes also felt stronger and rotors are indeed bigger (don't have the spec tho.) So optioned up- like to like its a 1400 premium. Yes, its the "antiquated" 6 speed (although I way prefer the substantial feeling shifter) and yes gas mileage will be worse. But I think if you're going to option up the 28 to 40+(prem,lighting,cold) you may as well add the refinement and effortless power from the N55. If it had 3 pedals I'd probably do 1 for 2 reverse split of my total vehicle position as its probably as close to a one vehicle solution as I get for around 40. And that is: AWD, quick, agile but not harsh, back seat big enough for kid seat(s) without front seat rider being smashed into the dash, can put kayaks on without getting on a ladder (wife's pilot). Can put 2 golf bags in the trunk without flipping a seat, decent mileage, nice interior.
2009 Montego/terra 128i 6MT (ouch)...great car

Last edited by Monterra; 08-15-2012 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0