X1 driver
Germany
Rep
Drives: X1 1.8d sDrive

Hi,

congrats to your new X1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frippe View Post
Got my X1 yesterday. Got the iphone snap-in module and it works like a charm, but if I try to connect an iPod Touch to the USB it wont regognize it. It charges but cant access the music on it. Read in the manual that one needs a special cord for it. Any one know any solution on just using a regular iPod USB cable?
You can't use the normal in the X1. You need a special Y-calbe - you can read all about it in this thread: http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390453

Quote:
Also, when attaching a stick with music, I had trouble accessing the music. Is there any special formatting needed for the stick or some special folder setup on the stick?
Make sure your USB-Stick ist FAT or FAT32 formatted. NTFS, HFS+ or other UNIX filesystems like ext2/3/4 XFS etc. won't work. Are you using a Windows, MacOSX or a LINUX/Unix-based Computer?.

You can create folders on the USB-Stick to structure your music, you can also use .m3u playlists. Just put your mp3, mp4, wma etc. music on the stick and you're done. The failsafe test would be to put a normal, single MP3-File on the stick :-)

bye
Darky
Appreciate 0