BillQuarter
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2 series 218i Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusX1 View Post
Hi,
I haven't got my X1 yet, it'll be on the boat downunder with a few other X1M Sports by the sound of it.

Bit of a penny pinching idea for such a car, but I was thinking of setting up with a spare for longer trips (My nearest BMW dealer is 7 hours away).

Do any Australians know if Holden Commodore wheels fit the X1 Ok? Or would it maybe be better to buy a new cheap alloy wheel to suit.

I was thinking it'd be handy to have a spare rim and maybe fit it out with one of the runflats when they need replacing.

I like the idea of a spare to enable you to use non-runflats on a regular basis too.

Apart from that, carry tyre plugs I suppose as well as a 100L tub of water to find any holes to plug!

I can't imagine a loaded up car with a punctured runflat would go too too far without wasting the tyre completly.

BMW recommend certain km's possible on flat runflats. What happens to the tyre if you overdo it?

Anyone had experience with the BMW tyre goop for punctures? Most similar products available here cause corrosion of rims.

Regards

Damian
Hi AusX1
No space allocated in the boot for spare wheel, and I think I am right in saying if you travel any distance on run flat tyres they have to be replaced which I think will be more expensive.
Appreciate 0