View Single Post
      06-24-2022, 07:37 PM   #55
NMX1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i M sport

So you buy the flash license and map pack? $230 seems like a small price to pay, considering it may save me money on a DME flash ($500+) I might not need. Power isn’t an issue, nor is acceleration once the car finally decides it’s time to giddy up. My car will do 140 up a fair incline at 6,000 feet between Albuquerque and Santa Fe with oomph to spare. More would probably just get me in trouble.
Where did you buy yours? I was emailing with a shop back East that puts up YouTube videos on these types of mods and they were going to recommend something that they thought could be “perfect for me” - maybe xHP, but they wouldn’t say yet - they’ve taken a couple of days, mostly of waiting for emails back, to try to figure out whether my throttle is electronically or mechanically activated (I’m assuming the former, I looked around and didn’t see any cables, plus the fact that it does throttle body adaptation that can be reset electronically makes me pretty sure it’s electronic). It would be nice if there were more readily available info on the car. Based on the owner’s manual it seems like BMW expects you to just take it to the dealer when any little thing happens.
Appreciate 0