Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by allachie9 View Post
I think you're absolutely right when you have the versatility and all the advantages that your A7 gives you (especially with Canon lenses ! ). But like most things in life, sometimes it's about compromises and having to make choices. As I said earlier in this thread there's no way I would ever sacrifice my FF DSLRs for the times when I go out just to shoot something special. Talking of printing however, I love printing my images up to A3+ and am looking at one on my study wall now, printed up to that size, and taken on my Canon G12, which preceded the G1X. It's a good quality print too, but probably as big as it will go.
The X-series signaled a major sensor improvement. I had a G7 and a G9 and I too have a nice print above my desk made with one of them, but we printed it as large as possible and that was A3 and not enough native pixels to go larger. Color, contrast, etc. is great, but you just run out of pixels. The X-series is a full APS-C sensor. That's not full-frame, but way bigger than the old Gx series sensors.