06-29-2015, 10:48 AM   #38
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodNIGHT View Post
^^ Exactly, thats why I'll keep on shooting with my A7 - Even if there is a small weight/size penalty to cameras like the G1X. But the advantages are so much more - I can use 'L' lenses or pancake lenses, fire multiple flashes, add microphones, High DR and low noise benefits.

But anyway, I love these compact, fixed lens cameras. The images on this thread are awesome. When it comes to web media, these cameras definitely hold their own
I think you're absolutely right when you have the versatility and all the advantages that your A7 gives you (especially with Canon lenses ! ). But like most things in life, sometimes it's about compromises and having to make choices. As I said earlier in this thread there's no way I would ever sacrifice my FF DSLRs for the times when I go out just to shoot something special. Talking of printing however, I love printing my images up to A3+ and am looking at one on my study wall now, printed up to that size, and taken on my Canon G12, which preceded the G1X. It's a good quality print too, but probably as big as it will go.