View Single Post
      08-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
austinla335d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Upgrading to 19's, selling 18" sport wheels (SoCal)

Hi Everyone,

I've looked and looked but haven't found the answers (or pictures, rather) of certain wheel setups so the only answer is to give it a shot. Another forum member (kychungkevin) installed 19x8.5 ET30 wheels on all four corners with 255/40/19 tires. I love the look, but he had some rubbing.

I've decided to go with some 355 style wheels, as seen on the F10 M5.
Specs:

19x8.5, ET 37 Front
19x9.5, ET 33 Rear

My tire choices have had me freaking out, but with the 255/40/19 being "barely" too large, i.e., only rubbing in turns or heavy compression, I decided to put the following tires on the wheels:

Hankook Evo V12 Ventus
245/40/19 front
275/35/19 rear

Hoping that all that rubber retains a fairly comfy ride, that it continues to look "OEM" but slightly more aggressive, etc. The 19" M-Sport wheels look good but they don't have enough rubber. Ever since someone mentioned that the wheels on our X1's remind them of mini-trucks from back in the day, I can't stand it. They have the smallest little tires in my opinion.

I'll be selling our Sport 18" wheels (perfect, 300 miles!!!) and our factory run flats, along with a set of Nitto Motivo 225/45/18 that I ignorantly bought the day we bought the car and now can't return. Look for those items on the classified section. I'll add pics once I get the setup done.

Oh, by the way, this is my wife's car and she happened to drive my car to work today. I'm looking at this as a surprise for her, but really its for me. Hopefully I can recoup some of the funds I've spent!!!

Someone needs to find the "optimal" sizing and provide pics, so I'm gonna go for it. Wish me luck.
Appreciate 0