View Single Post
      12-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #11
x5E44hcs
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 and 2015 BMW X3

Same Situation

I put the remote between the mirror and the window and it programmed immediately, but linking it to the opener head would not work. I called Chamberlain and told them what I had tried so far. I told them about having to put the car remote between the mirror and window and they told me that there were a lot of troubleshooting notes on the X1 not working and one of the notes was to be sure the remote is either in front of or at the bottom of the mirror. She said she would add my comment about where it should be placed. She then told me that my Chamberlain opener (yellow antenna) needed the repeater to work with an X1 and she would send me one and the only charge was the $7.49 postage. I hope it works.

One interesting thing I noticed was that if you look up the BMW's that are compatible to the opener every model is listed except the X1.

Another interesting thing is that we also have an X3 and the opener programmed easily to that car.

One more thing. I took it to my dealer and no one there had ever heard of this problem. Neither had the "genius" at BMWUSA.
Appreciate 0