02-07-2016, 11:27 AM   #138
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
I believe this thinking is limited by our current realities. I, on the other hand, believe in the impossible. Just because we can not perceive it today, does not mean we are not capable of doing it tomorrow.

Hold my beer and watch.

#becausescience
Just because time progresses doesn't mean the laws of physics and chemistry change and allow the impossible to happen. Some things are just not physically possible. It is obvious that our understanding of the physical world gets better over time and technology advances, but all things have limits. It is not poor thinking to understand there are limits; it is actually precise thinking and not chasing and idea down a rabbit hole. And technology always comes with a price, and price always drives practical advancement of technology, especially when it comes to commercial products.

And I don't hold anyone's beer, but thanks for the offer.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 2