View Single Post
      11-22-2015, 11:33 PM   #41
xirsteon
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
Mine are powered and there is a button to fold them where you're saying. When I get around to coding the car I'm going to do the auto fold thing as well.

Keep in mind that my car is pretty loaded so I'm not sure if it's a standard feature (or indeed how it changes between US and Canadian configurations).

PS: I'm assuming you're talking about the side view mirrors, not the rear view that's in the middle of the windshield :-)
Yes I am referring to the side mirrors rather. Thx for picking up on that. The X1s I'm considering either have Premium or Ultimate as part of the pkgs. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about auto folding them each time. I would think that means the mirror motor would be in use more and might lead to a worn out after some time. In addition, I'm afraid that once the real winter finally arrive here in NY, it'll so cold that the mirror motor might be either frozen or too cold to even perform a full fold. Giving how important the mirrors are and also the fact that once the mirror starts folding automatically, they doesn't stop until they fully fold.

Just a concern of mine anyway. If we get the X1, I'll probably do a remote coding with Alex guy at some point.
Appreciate 0