View Single Post
      11-21-2015, 06:16 PM   #27
xirsteon
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
I'm absolutely sure that you can import it. Spend fifteen minutes researching it. Plus I'm sure that someone has posted about it in the forums as well.

Also don't forget to include the taxes into the price when you're researching. We have federal and provincial taxes. Federal are 5% and provincial vary obviously (Alberta is 0% while BC is 7%). Might be worth it not to restrict yourself to Quebec.

That said I'm not sure how the taxes work for vehicles bought for export. Again I'm sure your research will answer that question
Add my county tax (8%) sales tax and possibility of traveling to pick it up (fly or drive) and I'm back at square one at that point. BC and Alberta are on the West coast while I'm on East. It's not as clear cut and/or easy but I suppose nothing is easy in life generally.

I do appreciate your motivation and encouragement tho. My wife is exhausted from all of this while I'm nearing that as well. I'm actually now considering a '13 328i (minus cold weather pkg) as it has 9kmi. Time will tell what we decide on.

Wife dragged me to a local dealer today to test drive a Mazda6 (just because) and we came away not surprised yet again.
Appreciate 0