12-20-2016, 10:07 PM   #37
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
^lol thats really impressive actually hahaha.

I didn't end up installing them yet because I was looking for a good shock to make it a little stiffer too. I think I'll end up putting some Bilstein B6's on.

I did, however, put on some larger tires despite being at stock height. I went with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in 235/50/18's in the front and 255/45/18's in the rear.

They're about 4.9% larger than stock, as opposed to your 6.8% larger than stock 225/55/18's. These cars look SO DIFFERENT when they're not on the stock sizing tires.

How does it handle on highways / curvy roads with the lift kit?
I need to pick up some camber plates for the front. Not sure if it's just my setup but the shop wasn't content with the front camber they were able to get, it was even a tad positive IIRC. So, be aware of this!

I agree, larger tires look much more proportionally correct on the E84 platform!

The All Terrains don't grip for squat so that's definitely my weak point. Otherwise I'd guess the thicker tires + lift would create a bit of additional roll, especially if the newer tires are on the stickier side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
You'll need one of these next lol. I'm mildly tempted, if it wasn't for the fact I'd need to buy a 5th wheel and tire. I just keep an air compressor in my cars that came with factory run flats.

http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/product...premium-model/

Attachment 1544916

Attachment 1544917
Honestly, I really considered one. I think one that has the same angle as the rear window would be awesome. These subies below look damn sweet to me. I see the XV Crosstrek as the Japanese step-sister to the X1, but they're able to take slightly larger tires. Ultimately the full sized spare fits perfectly in the rear hatch area. I then use my tie downs and ratchet it into place. Thought I had a pic of this but don't.

Lastly, a couple shots I took after a climb at Cook's Corner in Orange County, CA. It really doesn't look like much but the grade was pretty steep and terrain fairly loose. Ah, looking at these makes me want to take the X1 out again soon, haha.

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0