View Single Post
      06-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #155
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Front control arms do not. The rear is where you can swap parts, as prematureapex said. It is the same as the 335i xdrive cars.

Next week my car is going in for the custom oil cooler, and then watkins glen in three weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock96 View Post
Ahhh, I hear ya. I ran Rotella T6 in the Speed and it did use a bit more oil than others I had tried. If your testing shows excellent that I wouldn't worry about it. I know that I started using about a quart every 2500 miles on the Speed when I did some open track driving events. I would suspect that the extra sustained boost is pushing some oil around the seals here and there.

Very good to know about the JB4 and max boost. What map do you use for your street driving vs track time?

Also, what is the boost stock on our cars?

Thanks for keeping up with the thread and questions!
I think stock boost on our car is 7-10psi. On the street it depends on which location I am in. If I have e85, I will run a custom map 6 that targets a conservative 18psi midrange and 17psi up top. If I am on pump gas, I will run map 5 usually. I am probably going to upgrade to the Pure Turbo Stage 2 this winter because I am not happy with any currently existing fueling solutions to get more e85 into the mix without my high pressure pump crapping out. It is frustrating not being able to really crank up the turbo on a daily basis. Stage 2 is more efficient per PSI so I can make more power on reduced e85 mixes and pump gas.
Appreciate 0