Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
I have auto headlights, and I don't use mine. Why? Because they're too damned sensitive, and I can't set the sensitivity of the sensor in my car.

I'm not a fan of my xenons popping on/self-leveling/etc., my dash lights dimming/changing color, and my Nav screen dimming/going from white to black background every time I drive under a frakking underpass.

I could adjust the sensitivity on a Lexus I owned; I couldn't on my current 2 Series and a 370z (can't remember about the others; don't think they had auto headlights). IMHO, all cars with this feature should allow for that adjustment within the OS of the car.

(Some may disagree, but I'm pretty sure I'm not 'most dumbest' -- which, by the way, is a double absolute and really bad grammar.)

Most comments here are valid, as a previous poster said. But I do believe the majority of the phenomenon is due to a combo of bright DRLs, daytime gauge backlighting, and decent urban street lighting.
I'm with you. Every car I have had that had auto headlights = I turned that shit off.
Appreciate 0