View Single Post
      10-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #36
DOrtiz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 28i

Guys.

At the suggestion of folks here, I looked down the oil fill hole and noticed the timing chain. The oil appears relatively new with a caramel color to it. In fact, I extracted some on my fingertip and it felt good (still some viscosity), and I could still see through to my finger. It wasn't dark/dirty or "thin/watery" in the least.

However, my only concern is "time" not necessary mileage. For example, this oil was changed at 26,788 miles (see attached image of Davis Report). However, this was done in February (8 months ago), the car has 30,500 miles now. Therefore, it's actually only been 3,712 miles since the last oil change. As mentioned, my only concern is the 8 months lapse but imagine that's OK ... can go 12?

Here's a list of work done with dates, before I purchased the car September 4, 2018.

I decided against changing the oil since I'm taking it for a checkup January 2019

Any comments on the Davis Report relative to what has been done? I really don't want to bring the car in and be told something Is falsely needed. The maintenance department has no idea I have this printout.

Any thoughts?
Attached Images