06-05-2015, 10:21 AM   #10
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0w40X1 View Post
PrematureApex,

I appreciate you being more respectful of other people's ideas (mine) on this thread.

1. People that bought the 8 x19 and 9 x19 wheel package with M Sport run flat tires will have a much harsher ride than going to 40 and 35 profile on non run flat.

2. After talking down to my ideas, you're worried about fender clearance too big?

The OP will have to be careful with the front wheel setup he gets to not rub when turning. When changing things that improve feel and performance, I'm thinking I don't care if fenders don't look Donk. Less is more as in less weight and more performance, but to each his own. Lowering might be an idea, but If my car is handling good I'd not put untested springs on for looks; only if the suspension worked better.
The whole motivating factor behind your 35 series suggestion was an unfounded concern with rubbing.

The car will fit 255/40s up front, VERY EASILY, even lowered. There is no reason to go with a 35 series, but for a gearing advantage. He retains his speedo accuracy, keeps more ride comfort, and doesn't further dwarf the small-looking wheels within the huge fenders (not that I care that much about looks, but it's a COMMON complaint about this car, from an aesthetic standpoint).

I'm not "talking down" to your ideas...but it just doesn't make a ton of sense. You're proposing a solution to something that isn't a problem.

Last edited by PrematureApex; 06-05-2015 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0