01-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #65
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
What I would do (and probably will)

Wanted the new Porsche Cajun although this will most likely only be released late 2012. But I love my X1 so am now keeping it long term and looking at the Cayman.

Then after 3 years hope they have the X1M out
Both the 987 Boxster and Cayman are great cars, with the X1 coming close! With the Boxster I found that 'sleeping policemen' were a problem, and lack of internal room for coats etc in the winter (similar in the Cayman due to the parcel shelf), coupled with pot holed roads started to make owning the Porsche less fun. The Cayenne was to large so it was off to BMW.

I also feel a little let down by the quality of some of the interior fittings on the X1 e.g door handles, and the problem with the windscreen noise at speed (now solved....with tape! compliments of BMW), and find myself asking if the X1 MSport will be similar.

Then there was the issue of owning several vehicals but only driving one (great in theory but practical...nope) so the quest was on to find the best all round solution. I'm nearly there but still need to cost/decide which scenario is best for me. I'm leaning towards a BMW upgrade of body work to M Sport specification (depending on cost) and ACS tune and badging.......should make the car quite special I think. That Cajun keps rearing its head...........
Appreciate 0