View Single Post
      10-30-2023, 01:41 AM   #1
EN74_Carmichael
Rep
Drives: E84

Help with trouble-shooting

Hello everyone!

I'm having an E84 X1 (N47D20C) that does not want to start. It is a "no crank, no start" issue. Which means that I can put the key into it, light turns on, radio works, however, when pressing the brake, the clutch and I press start, there is only a slight humming, and then nothing happens.

However these symbols show up as the image attached illustrates

Name:  IMG_20231028_145607.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  90.5 KB

The image on the screen shows a symbol that is usually shown when the car has to preheat the diesel-fuel. But it has been 10 deg Celsius outside for the past 3 days. The instruction book says the preheat is usually on from 0 degC, and personally I've only seen it in function very few cold days.
Could the symbol be a signal of another function that the car tries to tell me?

I've read about come possible issues. Dead battery, broken starter, rotten cable or replace relay/jumper that could be broken. The BC does not show any faults. The only signal I get is the preheat-symbol and the Check Engine Light.

I have a 9 month old car battery, which have a voltage of between 13 and 11.89 volt, so it do not think this is where the problem is. I cannot see any cable being rotten, however I do not know what to look for.
Regarding the broken starter, i have no idea how to test it.

So do you have any idea of how to trouble-shoot and narrow down the possibilities, in order for testing where the issue might be?
Appreciate 0