Thread: Regrets...
View Single Post
      05-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #48
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

All depends what your reference point is and if you are willing to tune your car. Stock X1 against modded Z06 no chance. Even a modded X1 has zero chance unless you spend stupid money on it.

Modded X1 against X5M (even slightly modded X5M), the X1 is faster.

Subarus are not in the same league speed wise to a X1 35i. Dollar for dollar of mods, a STI will never be as fast as the X1. You can be running high 11s with 2k into the X1 and low 11s with $3500, and that is if you pay a shop to do all the work for you. That being said, the higher cost of the X1 mitigates some of that advantage...but unless you enjoy blown motors I would avoid the STI. One of my good friends owns one of the preeminent Subaru tuning shops in the country and I would never buy one due to the sheer volume of blown motors I have seen.

To me, the reason I don't have regrets about my purchase is that we can even have this conversation with a straight face. What other small wagon/crossover can we even be discussing realistically keeping up with a STI, EVO, etc, let alone blowing them away with some light mods? None of them.

But I prioritize performance over luxury and large space, so I understand how I may be in the minority and others may regret their purchase.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 05-19-2015 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0