02-08-2014, 06:48 AM   #5
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrjy;*****212
I notice this too, now personally I think that's a bit of a pi** take. With the amount BMW charges for their cars you would at least expect them to come with vanity mirror lights and not expect to have that as an optional extra!

In fact I'm not even sure if any other manufacturer doesn't even bother putting in vanity mirror lights! Even if they don't this is BMW we're talking about here.
You should think it come stock and not as a option?
Remember a E46 where you needed to take electric windows in option only for the 2 front doors and again a 2nd option for the rear windows to be electric?

Be glad the option is there. A friend of me had a new car couple of years ago. A Skoda Octavia, he had heated seat in the back, the option didn't exist for BMW 3 series (back then you could take it in a 5 series). So BMW wanted to compare there 5 series with a Skoda Octavia?

Not sure you can built it after but when you see how they build in cable's for navigation, dashcam's,.... I think it should be possible. Do it with commen sence or ask someone handy with brain. Not the 1st car that burns down due to a extra built in light/led.

If you still need to order your car, just for light pakket option, you get the nice leds and the door handles ass well, already white leds, so nice in the dark.
Appreciate 0