View Single Post
      10-20-2011, 05:01 AM   #26
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I had an sDrive 20d M-Sport while my SE was in for a service, it was black with the alcantara interior.

I have to say that looks wise I much prefer my SE with the X-Line package over the black M-Sport, as did the few people who saw it.
The interior I liked alot on the M-Sport, I love the cloth and alcantara and think the sport seats in the 1, 2 and x1 series are superb too, had them in my 4 previous cars now.
However, I would choose leather, only cause we have a dog and a 3 year old son, and the alcantara that I had in my E91 m-sport was hard to sell on, every buyers first question was 'Has it not got leather?'

Ride. This is the main reason I always choose M-Sport.
I hated the ride in the X1 M-Sport, and I mean hated it.
Compared with the X1 SE I have it was crashy, it didn't grip in the corners as well unless it was a pool table flat road and it felt more like my early 535d sport touring from 2005 in the way the back end skipped about when pressing on.
But, and this is a big but, it was on 18" wheels and probably had run flats on it, where as my car is on 17s and has proper tyres, so it was probably the tyres that were the issue not the suspesnion.
I know on the 3 series the M-Sport is actually more comfy than the SE when bot are on the same wheels and tyres, the SE uses a cheap Boge/Sachs set up where as the M-Sport uses a really high end Bilstein strut and Eibach spring.

So if I had to buy again I would go SE??
Depends on the colour I fancied, I think the M-Sport in silver, white, space grey and the lighter colours looks superb, but in the darker colours like black, graphite and deep sea blue I think the SE with X-Line pack looks best.

One thing I would say is I could get an SE in black with the X-Line package with leather sport seats and Media Professional for the same price as an M-Sport, and if ordering again that is definitely what I would do.
Appreciate 0