View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Yup I ordered - actually, selected is more correct - Glacier Silver too. Here's my story: Hi everyone, will be a first-time BMW owner in a few weeks. Last weekend I put a deposit on an X1 already allocated to my dealership (South Bay BMW). I was given a sheet with the VIN, etc., and signed onto MyBMW. It's not updated just yet, but I found this great blog with a post called "How to follow your BMW order," and using the info there, I just verified my X1 was put on a ship called Tristan which left Bremerhaven Saturday the 28th. Will be in Port Hueneme on 9/19 (ETA).

Glacier Silver, black int, Premium pkg and that's it. MSRP 36045. My partner would have preferred to get the lighting package for the Xenons, but apparently that would be a special order at this point - unless I hooked into some fully loaded beauty that would be a bit pricey.

We won't negotiate until the car is at the dealer, but I am not expecting much off. The fact is, we need a new car now. To wait a few months and get a few hundred off doesn't make sense for us, since we'd have to rent something in the meanwhile!

If i hadn't fallen for the X1, who knows what we'd have bought this week. Probably the Acura RDX. We almost bought a Jetta diesel Sportwagon, but for VW's bad luck - two cars we looked at had body issues that worried us. One was missing a small piece from the door handle. The salesman blamed "lookie-lous" who wander through the dealership from a Costco nearby. Then the next one we looked at, a small piece on the bumper (for jack) was loose too.

We postponed a decision and wound up at the BMW dealership...
Edit/Delete Message
Appreciate 0