02-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #25
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx1
Sorry about the year figure, I thought they were released in 2008 (oops 2009) and I have a MY2014 so I was off a couple years depending on how it's looked at.

Many people don't like the electronic steering, I'm one, it feels like a numb Audi. I also don't care for gadgets and I'm not getting iDrive, the audio upgrade, or even leather, just a no-trim xDrive35i with cold weather package because I want a car that is performance oriented and not a lounge chair. I also think BMW is going soft and is losing their peformance edge on many F chasis, the E chasis M3/M5's are going to be nice collector pieces. But the magnetic fluid shocks in the 3 series are extremely nice if you want a sport ride when alone but soft for the wife (or other way around). But for more driving purists, some are more attracted to the older E chasis (ie, X1 which is one of the last E chasis still being produced) but at the sacrifice of comfort features. And those Cadillacs really came out strong.
BMW does not offer magnetorheological shocks. BMW's adjustable dampers are variable aperture gas pressure shock absorbers.
Appreciate 0