09-05-2011, 03:39 AM   #49
ecoveon
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: x3 - G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFoley View Post
I have a US Build 2008 335 xi sedan with bluetooth phone steering wheel integration.

I really like the iPhone station but don't want to lose BT in steering wheel. Do you know: could you install the iPhone4 station with antennae, charging, etc., but NOT the functions that interfere with the steering wheel? I might lose official BMW APP, but I've got wireless navigation on the phone anyway.

Also, is there a way to send a wireless or wired rear camera data stream to an iPhone 4, with or without the iPhone Station?

Thanks.

THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE A USB/AUX INTERFACE - SA 6FL IN THE DASHBOARD:

Buy the Iphone 4 cradle separately - 84 21 2 219 208 and the E84 Adapter Tray 84 21 2 219 865 (model specific). (By not buying the whole kit 84 21 2 219 219 you will save on the control unit and harness cost )

Install the Adapter Tray and Cradle.

Next connect the wire from the cradle to the AUX/USB port from the inside - 4 wires from the cradle, 2 for audio out -white/yellow + 2 for power GND+5VO black/brown.

Now you will be able to charge the Iphone and listen to the audio from your Iphone through your head unit car speakers when you select AUX mode.

As you have not touched anything else your blue tooth and steering controls will work as they have always been previously.

The phone call will also take precedence over music.

Also no coding is required because the car thinks that you have plugged in your Iphone using the Y cable from the outside using the USB/AUX port.

So its pretty simple installing the cradle with no visible wires or coding and all existing hands free controls still working perfectly.

Unlike a 30 pin Apple Dock the cradle only has 14 wires - 3 Audio L+R+GND, 2 MIC, 2 Bluetooth, 2 Power GND+5VO, 1 Reset, 1 BC-WDG. In addition it has 2 U-CH + 1 GND.

Im no expert but to me I dont see video IN like in a 30 pin Iphone Dock. So I am assuming you will not be able to push a video feed in through the cradle.

But if anyone knows more, please share it with us.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW Appel Station Cradle.pdf (129.7 KB, 403 views)

Last edited by ecoveon; 09-05-2011 at 04:10 AM..
Appreciate 0