View Single Post
      07-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #85
flguy400
Rep
Drives: X1

Hey everyone. I'm new to xbimmers. I have had my X1 s28i since October last year and I look forward to driving it every chance I get. I would definitely buy another X1 if given the opportunity.

As for the choice between the s28 and the x35i, I am really happy with my choice of getting the s28. For one thing, the weight distribution being nearly 50/50 makes the car a blast to drive. I love how the x1 is built on the old 3 series frame. I test drove an x3 and the driving dynamics are night and day. The x3 feels like a clunky suv while the x1 drives like a sports car.

The only thing I wish was better on the car would be the initial throttle response from stops. I had the dealership update the computer to make it stay at the last setting to keep A.S.S. off. Even with the auto shut off disabled, the car seems to have a delay between pressing the throttle and accelerating from a stop. I heard that the new 4 series s28 doesn't have this issue, so I am hopeful that a software update may fix this problem.

I also wish there were more options regarding performance upgrades, but I have read that increasing the boost any more could put the engine at risk as BMW found the engines to fail at around 330lb torque due to overheating.

The 35i has more room to increase boost because it isn't running as high of boost as the 28i.

If I could get another x1 and had the option of the 35i paired with the 8 speed or a manual transmission, that would be my choice.
Appreciate 0