View Single Post
      03-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #75
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
Porsche probably has archives of their consumer base that goes into their dining and recreation preferences. They know what their customers have bought and will buy in the future. They're a business like any other OEM, but I can't believe that they would ever "want" to kill off the GT3. You can bet that their engineers are passionate about what they do and it shows in their work. They probably wish they could build more cars like the GT3, and I'm sure they love their manuals, but sales dictate a lot more in the real world.

Their current business model is killer. The profit they make per model is insane compared to others, and all of their cars are top in-class.
Agree with you. Their business model allows for huge profit, their quality/fit/finish is tops in the industry. They over engineer and test their cars to a loin where I don't see anyone else that comes close. They came out with the Cayenne which absolutely is the best performance SUV money can buy, the panamera is the best large luxury performance sedan, the Macan will dominate the small SUV performance market and the 911 is still the bar to which all cars are judged…and the 991 is basically untouchable. And let's not forget what is probably the single most impressive collaboration of performance/engineering and future tech in the 918.
I do wish they would always have a 918/CGT type car though but since the GT3/RS/GT2 can best any normal (non hyper car) Ferrari, Lambo, Aston, Mclaren, etc, I could see why they wouldn't see a need to always produce and make it more of a one off thing every decade.

The new Cayman/Boxster GTS look cool but I feel like in this instance there just isn't too much more there even though I do love the car overall.
Appreciate 0