View Single Post
      07-09-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
flguy400
Rep
Drives: X1

My s28i doesn't feel planted at high speeds

Does anyone else have this issue? BTW I drive a 2013 x1 s28i, non-msport.

At speeds up to 65 miles an hour, the car feels like it is glued to the road. It is very solid and I feel like I can take turns and ramps at higher speeds than most other cars.

But once I get up to 70+ miles per hour, the car feels like it loses its planting and there is noticeable lateral movement when on the highway. It almost feels like the car is getting blown around by wind, even though I look at the trees and grass next to the highway and it appears that there isn't wind.

I've only recently noticed this as I have also been driving my wife's car which feels very planted at speeds 70+.

BTW, there isn't any noticeable steering wheel shake and the car does not appear to be pulling one direction or the other while on the highway. I can be holding the wheel straight to maintain center of lane and all of the sudden the car shifts to the left a bit or shifts to the right a bit and I have to adjust my steering.

Also the steering feels very lively at 70+ speeds where the slightest movement of the wheel seems to make dramatic effect on on my course which is the opposite of what you want when driving at faster speeds.
Appreciate 0