View Single Post
      11-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #14
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

Hi jaeezzy,
Not sure you mention 18's than say stock 19's.
Standard Set Up for yours and mine is 17.5''-225/50/17. You opted for MSport which should get you 18'' wheels. I don't know if you have Square or Staggered Set Up.
When I ordered wheels, they were to suit 2013 Sdrive 28i because my X1 has the same Specs. and they didn't list mine.
The roads here (country area) are bad and because I want to protect my rims that are only available from USA and costing much more now, I decided to go from 17's just to 18's Square Set up, which gives me 225/45/18, the 45 gives me more rubber between the wheel and the road than going with 19's. Still thinking later down the track wider rears which would drop to 40 profile.

You mention 245 and 275 tyres. It depends on the width of your rim and if they will rub or not. eg. 8'' Ideal 225-235. 9'' Ideal 245-255. As for 275, the smallest recommended width is 9.5''.

What's your Wheel Offset's. Usually on the back of the wheel or ask dealer + what wheels are available for yours and what tyres suit. All you want to do there is to get some references to buy later elsewhere or if you prefer paying big bucks for BMW ones.
If you know your Specs. you can mix and match your original set up with different wheels and tyres that are compatible by going to - tirerack - or - 1010 tyres - and looking at there Tyre and Offset Calculators which show you where your choices sit compared to originals.
It can be a mine field out there. What combinations seem to match/suit, might not fit your car.

Kraftwerk will install the Module or they give you one that suits your car and you install it saving around 150/200$ Positive is you have what seems like a good company you can take your car to for peace of mind. Warranties are for the Module/Chip only. Pricing usually 2/3 times higher in Aust. Only you can decide through comments/advice on here and your research, what's best for you.

Good luck with your New Car. No Shade Pictures please when you plastidip your wheels.
Appreciate 0