View Single Post
      06-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #455
benaj
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

Thanks for the detailed reply. You threw me off for a minute with the A disk and O disk specs but a quick google search enlightened me-- it's a Works thing

I have plenty of experience with fender lip rolling and pulling, BFH messaging of finders/liners, etc to get get aggressive wheels to fit. But that experience has been mainly with our track cars to get fat wide race rubber to fit and where aesthetics are second to function. Since this is going to be a street only daily driver I doubt we will get anywhere near that point with the wheel fitment, esp in light of winter salt exposure to the fenders.

It is just nice to get a ball park estimate as to what size wheels and tires fit on this car to get to a more aggressive look. Part of my issue is the whole tall suspension SAV thing-- for those of us who really just wanted a 1 series 4 door hatch (preferably 1M variant . . .) but the asthetic of the stock X1 wheel offsets/anemic stance leaves a lot of room for improvement.

I might just open up a separate thread asking for people to compile their experiences with aftermarket wheels/offsets/spacers on the X1 to help us X1 newbies visualize what the different options look like.
Appreciate 0