01-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #90
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterra View Post
I have an 07 CR-V that I was hoping to replace with something a little sportier and/or smaller. There was talk of a new 2.5L engine putting out ~200 with a nice bump in torque also so I was hopeful the CRV would be in the mix. Instead they chose to warm over the old 2.4 and stick with the same non-shiftable 5AT. On top of that they got rid of a few things I like about the 07. The storage shelf in the back, the open floor plan in front and the slideable second row. I've got nothing but good things to say about the 07 but I think Honda had a chance to take it higher and missed it. It will still do well I'm sure but its been out a month and I'm yet to see one in the wild.. The Impreza is actually pretty imprezive but I've gotta wait for this diesel Mazda- I think it'll be pretty sweet if not a rocket even if I'm forced into another slusher.
We drove the '11 CR-V back to back with the '12 model. The improvement was dramatic. Engine was much smoother, and virtually inaudible from the cabin. The interior materials were also a big step up. On paper, the '12 looks like a warmed over version of the 3rd gen, but in the flesh it is quite nice.
Appreciate 0