View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Ordered a new X1 sdrive today, it was the dealers first slot for production in late July. BMW has limited the color options for M Sport and I had to go with Mineral White because Glacier Silver is not available in M Sport. The other M Sport colors are Black Sapphire, Le Mans Blue, Mineral Gray and Valencia Orange. Nothing else changed in regards to other option changes. I got almost every option so it stickers out around $44K for an sdrive. The interior leather options are pretty bad so whatever you want be prepared to compromise. Went with Beige leather, it's too darn hot in SC for a black interior. Trading a 2010 Mini Clubman S so it will feel like a Suburban in comparison. I'd still order this over a stripped X3 for the same price especially considering much better gas mileage and handling due to weight.
I have an X3 35i which is rated at 19/26, we are averaging around 21 (due to a lot of city driving). the X1 35i was rated at 18/27, so it looks like it will not improve on the mileage over the X3, but it might have something to do with the transmission, 6 speed vs 8 speed...

the 28i xdrive is 22/30 which suprises me, 15% gain over my X3 35i but with a I4 turbo and less weight, I was expecting more like a 25% gain (24/32) which I think is what the sdrive gets, strange that the xdrive uses that much more gas, only adds 200 more pounds to the car (like having another adult "american" male in the car with you)
Appreciate 0