12-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #19
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicm View Post
The 'Cajun' will be based on the Q5, and therefore will be priced between an X3/Q5 and an X5 I would say.
Don't care I want one

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicm View Post
As far as I know the Q3 will be 5dr.
OK, I concede. There are pictures of both 3 and 5 doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
The rendering I have seen of the Q3 shows a 5 door indeed (somewhat a jacked-up A3 was the impression I got... )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemiy View Post
I think you didn't get me right... Let me explain the case again.

A car goes onto a muddy road. Obviously, once in a few seconds, one of the wheels spins as the car searches for traction. The thing is, DSG can not handle this for more than a few minutes, it overheats and reports an error. Q5 and A4 allroad behaved like this in a few tests. X1 and GLK were fine in the same tests.

What's not clear here? :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
No you were. But you are comparing a specific model to another one, in specific circumstances (off-road, and most likely mud & trail), which in my view cannot be drawn conclusively as the X1 being altogether better than the Q5 (and I'm an X1 owner ).
Besides, the X1 is not an SUV, and statisticly most Q5s and X1s owners never get into "heavy off-roading" anyway (otherwise they'd go for a Defender or a Pathfinder for instance).
In most other, usual environments, a DSG is likely to be more precise, quick and pleasant to handle than a traditional automatic gearbox.

That's why in my humble opinion, drawing such drastic conclusions is a bit stretching it.
Now guys....

IMHO based on size and price

Q7 = X5
Q6 (launch 2011?) = X6
Q5 = X3 (Take note of this one as its a better comparison, btw the X3 is better)
Q4 (launch 2011) = X1
Q3 = No direct comparison but possibly the X2 (launch 2012)
Possibly a Q2 = Mini Countryman
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0