View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #62
MSportX1
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarc View Post
Thanks for sharing the pix, and congrats on your ride! I'm planning to order an X1, and am going back & forth between the "deep sea blue" and the "midnight blue."

I'm rather confused by some of the pictures you'd posted - in the first post, your car looks a dark blue; but in the more recent closeups of the gas cap, the paint looks almost green? Add to this the confusion I'm caused by the BMW configurator (see attached, midnight blue on top, deep sea on bottom), and I'm at a complete loss.

On the BMW site, it looks practically teal; but none of the pix I've found on the 'net, including yours, look ANYthing like the BMW website representation

Would appreciate any addt'l pix you can share, or any observations on what this "midnight blue" _actually_ looks like.
I saw a midnight blue X1 in person last weekend when I did test drive. The real midnight blue color looks in person is completely different from the one built on BMW website. The color is very dark and varies with sunlight intensity. Under weak sunlight, it looks like dark blue or black. Under intensive sunlight, the color looks 60% blue and 40% green. In short, the midnight blue is a unique color and rarely seen on a parking lot. If you like dark color, it is a beautiful color.
Appreciate 0