View Single Post
      08-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #60
PaulJ
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX 50i, 2020 X1

Smile

Thanks everyone for all the great comments!

I've driven about 1,140 miles in it now, and it drives like a dream.
The color is different from the Deep Sea Blue Metallic, I'll try to take more photos of the car sitting next to other BMWs (in particular next to an X6 that's deep sea blue metallic). It's difficult to capture the color accurately in a photo. The light blue / touch of teal can be seen best when it's sunny.
I'm very happy with the way I configured it. The color and the matte wood trim are unique and I've gotten quite a few compliments on it. The N20 engine with the 8 speed transmission is surprisingly quick and fun to drive! The gas mileage appears to be great as well, but I won't analyze consumption until I've driven a few more miles. And even though it's a 4 cylinder engine, you can still hear the typical, pleasant, BMW "roar" (just quieter when compared to the larger engines).
I saw a thread about DVD playback. I was skeptical when I read about it, but I tried it, and it works.
Someone asked about the gas cap. It's just a screw-on cap. Attached are photos.

Name:  IMG_1817.jpg
Views: 4587
Size:  293.8 KB
Name:  IMG_1819.jpg
Views: 4600
Size:  285.1 KB

I'm very happy with the new car, and I have yet to see an X1 other than mine on the road (except a pre-LCI one from Canada I saw a few weeks ago).
I will share more thoughts later this week, and hopefully I'll have a few more photos to share with you by then.

Name:  X1CW33-1.jpg
Views: 15548
Size:  381.9 KB

Appreciate 0