View Single Post
      04-17-2015, 03:58 AM   #17
louisli
Rep
Drives: X1 2011 X25I

ok trying to describe more:

A/Unplug job :

first unplug the grey plastic panel of the tail gate also the left side small grey plastic cover of the gate window, also the left side plastic carpet panel of the trunk.
also uninstall the tail door lock plastic cover (they have 4 screws)
also take out the 2 plastic big board layers cover, after all you can see the BMW battery.

B Install job:

1/first to uninstall the original left side hydraulic jack, (and keep the original 4 screws)
2/then install the electric jack to replace this above original and using this 4 screws,
3/the CPU box(small black box) can put onto spec nearby the BMW battery, many space over there.

4/and bottom of the electric jack there will be a black wire of this product jack to connect to the CPU wire in photo, and such wire have to pass through under the black rubber ring to the left panel before connection (just hiding all the wires under the rubber ring.

5/and there is another 3 wire starting from CPU box and extend to the tail gate, which needs to connect to the (a) BMW door lock + (b) OEM open/close switch + (c) beep beep sound alarm (alarm i just throw it bec i dont like beep beep sound).
so i just connect a & b finally

all 2 wires have to go through the left side of the trunk and then to the door lock of the gate. (most of them just follow the color of the wires simply plug and play),

my description might be hard to understand but they have small photo booklet to tell u how to connect. i just follow and DIY.

(never mind sometimes small trial and error, but the system is not complicated at all.
just give a signal to the CPU to unlock and jack up/down.)

one more thing, to give the power to CPU, very simple the CPU has 2 big wires (back-ve and red+ve), u can just loose the BMW battery box which also has 2 screws one for +ve red and one for -ve black, and connect there to get electricity, very simple.
Appreciate 0