View Single Post
      05-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #30
OmegaMan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 M6 V10 Manual

Whose that girl?.....

We purchased a used 2014 28i X1 to replace a FJ Cruiser which ultimately the step daughter would use to be her daily driver.*

The 28i IMHO is the best price/performance due to the turbo option on the car achieving a smooth 240 Hp. What the naysayers forget is that going to the 35i adds roughly 160 pounds and having 240 horses (here in Denver the turbo charging means we don't lose 20% of those ponies due to altitude) with that weight is a excellent drive.

We added a hitch to it to allow for my mountain bike and purchased the rack assembly to put on skis.

I love taking it skiing with my two daughters when the roads are bad. Unfortunately I didn't get one with the navigation package or Harman Kardon sound package which you got.

I have nothing but kudo's for the car and steal it from the step daughter when I can...ultimately I will buy an X1 as a daily driver/mtn biking/skiing car for myself after selling the 12 Grand Caravan R/T (Ferrari of mini vans).

You made a good purchase for all the right reasons.

* I considered it prudent for her to drive instead of the FJ due to almost rolling over in the FJ as she unexpectedly did a quickie U-turn and scared the crap out of me.
Appreciate 0