04-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #19
largehosier
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2.3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORACE View Post
Great pictures and write up. Thanks. I am thinking of getting an X1 in near future. So I don't drive one yet but hope to. Borrowed the 2.0 SE for a few hours and very impressed. Couple of questions. Why did you choose leather option rather than the design package? Love the car but so many options -like a giant menu- and it quickly adds up to more than a 5 series! What options do you have. Which do you rate valuable and which less so. I want auto, leather, folding mirrors, bluetooth, USB etc etc. Having no media pack makes that side of things very dear buying items one at a time.

Tempted by the Garmin dock (hard wired into the dash sort of like an i-pod dock)
Thanks to all for your postive commentsa, I have nearly 2,000 miles on the clock after the first fortnight of ownership and the car is still perfect with no problems whatsoever.

The 2.3d comes with a number of options in the UK if you look at the configurator on bmw.co.uk you will see which (auto, flappy paddles, extended lighting, sports steering wheel, rear pdc, unique alloys, climate control etc standard.

I didn't go for the design package as I prefer the centre console package in black not a light colour.

I prefer the standard seats to the sport seats and find them perfect for my build.

I had a top of the range Lexus 350 with everything including 3 DVD screens, voice control etc etc etc etc etc, after the novelty wears off I found what was really important and what was simply there to pose and show off.

With my new X1 I chose 3 options, performance control for enhanced cornering, leather to enhance the interior and xenon headlights for safety.

I also have roof bars and may get a towbar at some point.

I use my Iphone for satnav and music. Iphone has a number of advantages to a built in car system, you can program it indoors and plan your journey and when you walk around a strange city with it in your pocket you can find your way back to your car!

When choosing options, look at the cost and what else apart from options on a car you could get for that same money, it is sobering!
Appreciate 0