04-17-2010, 06:17 AM   #18
niknik
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: X1 23d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORACE View Post
Agree about the sports seats and leather. But why not the design pack which includes both? Any reason?
Here in Portugal the design pack was only with the Nevada Oyster leather seats, I wanted them in black leather... so... no option for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORACE View Post
My other must haves are Automatic, Bluetooth (should be standard), luggage retaining net, cruise control, parktronic front and rear, USB socket and the Garmin dock. (...). And the BMW satnav is very costly. Shame there is no media pack.

Agonising over could leave off 4wd -but seems a shame. Could go for single turbo version -but the 23d does really shift and would be fun. But UK traffic? More extras and less grunt?
I went with the full BMW GPS navigation system (it's a over-expensive luxury I know). I could have considered an aftermarket unit if the dashboard allowed for an easy integration, but it really doesn't...

If you go sDrive, indeed you get a nice discount, and indeed the 4x4 isn't really "needed" for the most part - and you can now get the auto gearbox even the s18d. Really worth considering.

On the other hand, if you do want xDrive 4x4 *and* auto gearbox, then the price difference really favors going to the 23d - in my opinion.
Though, if the budget is really tight, even the 10% or less difference could allow you to add some extras you wouldn't otherwise...
Appreciate 0