View Single Post
      04-16-2010, 05:08 AM   #17
HORACE
England
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Well, what options to choose will vary greatly according to each one's requirements.
When planning for mine I made 3 configurations:
1) the absolutely "must have" options
2) the "would like to have and useful" options
3) the "would like to have but not really needed" options

Everyone will have their own options for each of these categories.
For me, I considered leather sports, auto gearbox, panoramic roof, and 18" wheels "must have".
Then I added the bixenon adaptive lighting, parking sensors, etc. as "nice and useful"...
And for the 3rd part I put the rear camera, electric seats (as I'll be the only driver I won't be needing it much and can live without it), etc.

Then I evaluated all the options, and depending on your budget you can consider getting all the "1" options, probably most of the "2" options, and perhaps even some of the "3".

It indeed gets expensive, but it's kind of hard to buy a BMW X1 and then have less features than one gets when buying a car costing half as much (or even less).
That's a good way of doing it. I'll go on the configurator and have a go at dividing them up into must have etc.

Agree about the sports seats and leather. But why not the design pack which includes both? Any reason?

I don't want oversize wheels as the ride is pretty firm already and they make it even firmer. Also lose some sensitivity from the steering and they increase tyre noise. Also so easy to scuff the alloys with lower profile tyres.

My other must haves are Automatic, Bluetooth (should be standard), luggage retaining net, cruise control, parktronic front and rear, USB socket and the Garmin dock. The Garmin is great as it has 7 digit postcodes, speed cameras and even the ability to update on the computer at home. I update regularly and get the location of mobile camera units as well as the fixed ones. And the BMW satnav is very costly. Shame there is no media pack.

Agonising over could leave off 4wd -but seems a shame. Could go for single turbo version -but the 23d does really shift and would be fun. But UK traffic? More extras and less grunt?

Last edited by HORACE; 04-16-2010 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0