09-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #40
DavidKinMingChan
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 20i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberry View Post
I took delivery of my X1 in April 2010, having traded in a low mileage Porsche Boxster Sport Edition for it, and am pleased to say that in my opinion the X1 'feels' almost as good to drive.

The Spec - Space Grey, red brown Nevada leather, Comfort package, sport suspension (I was worried that this would be very hard with the run flat tyres but in reality it is very comfortable, and if compared with my old Porsche...soft!), run flat tyres, blade spoke alloys, performance control, model designation deletion, reversing assist camera, windscreeen with grey shade, panoramic sun roof, ext mirrors folding, auto dimming, sport front seats, lumbar support, extended storage, seat heating front, fine brushed aluminium interior trim xenon headlights, adaptive headlights, navigation system professional (great hard disc for storing CD's), DAB radio, Headlining anthracite.

I actualy wanted an M version but as you know they don't exist at present, so I've investigated the AC Schnitzer options along with the twin double exhaust pipes from Hartge, but in view of the cost may just change for the new X3M when it comes out.

I've also experienced a high pitch 'screaching' noise from the front of the car at speeds of 75 > 80 mph, that sounds like a dry bearing, so am glad that there appears to be a fix.

Other 'issues'? - internal door pull handles 'feel' cheap and should be covered in leather. The reversing camera is great, but in poor weather conditions becomes misty (VW hide theirs behind the badge which tilts automatically when in use keeping the lens dry). Then there is an occasional 'clonk/metal buckling sound' from the air con at 16c on a hot day, something to do with expansion/contraction of materials perhaps, and very difficult to replicate? I'm sure that these small problems can be resolved so will be taking the car back to the dealership next week to discuss them. On a vehical costing the amount that it did there should be none of these problems. A point worth mentioning is that the service that I have recieved from BMW has been superb.
Where is the "X 1" symbol at the back of your car? Did you take it off yourself?
Appreciate 0