View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocGuy View Post
I believe the manual says the stop/start is disabled when the outside temperature is below 37F. I've noticed it won't come on until it's really 40 according to my car. The seat heaters won't affect it either way.
Interesting. I swear the 5-series loaners I've had go to start/stop under that temp. I could be wrong.

So as noted, I drive an X6 50i as a DD. This X1 is much more "fun" to drive (as it should be since it weighs less), but man, you get used to some of the niceties of the larger (more $$) vehicles. For instance, only having CA on the front doors annoys the crap out of me (Have kids and I'm normally putting them in first). The lack of a heated steering wheel should be criminal (ok, I'm a wimp, but Chicago is cold dammit), and my god, I have to close the hatch manually? Jeez (j/k).

The 2.0 4cyl in this vehicles feels (and sounds) so much better than it did in my 528 loaners - at least from my memory. And this X1 scoots! The steering (mine has servotronic) is has a perfect feel - perfect although I think it would be better with the variable sport option of the 3-series.

Last but not least, the brakes, that would be the ultimate deal breaker for me - I can't stand them (for that last 10-15 feet). Probably would get used to it, but I'm on day 4 and still notice it everytime I stop.

Still, this car rocks.
Appreciate 0