View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
pinemind
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M-sport 6 sp manual

I test drove an X1 35i with Msport last night fully loaded. I was hoping to jump to this car, as I'm coming from a e92 335i xDrive and I wanted a factory suspension that was better than xDrive, but still maintain the power of the turbo 6. The suspension was awesome, however, I can attest to these slow 0 - 60 times. It's a different engine obviously (n54 vs n55), but it just didn't feel as punchy as my 335i. I hammered it pretty hard using the paddle shifters, and when I got back in my car, I pretty much decided that I wasn't going to bother changing cars. I can deal with it being slightly heavier and a tad higher, but the engine just doesn't seem to pull nearly as hard.

If BMW planned on doing a PPK for the X1 335i, I think that extra 25/30 hp would really help the cause, but as of now, I can't justify losing power to upgrade the suspension and gain some cargo space. I think I'm going to just upgrade to KW V1's. It's a shame because I really wanted to like the X1. All these above 6 seconds 0 - 60 times can't just be a coincidence.
Appreciate 0