02-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #9
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by melts View Post
I, too, didn't get a prep procedure on the tires. To be fair, the guy said he'll speak to me during the collection, but in our 'over' excitement, we forgot to ask him afterwards.

Checked the grid on the driver side but haven't got a chance to check the pressure as yet.

By the way, feeling that the car is a little bumpy and read somewhere that RFT requires the suspension to be a little firmer (hence the bumpy ride). What's your take on this folks?

One more question: some folks have changed their RFT to normal tires and experienced better mileage compared to RFT… but I've read somewhere that using normal tires would result in the indicator not being accurate… is that true?
Couldn't tell the difference on a Mini Clubman between RFT and regular ones.

What "indicator" are you referring to ?

Not sure changing to regular tires makes a noticeable difference in mileage. If you lease the car, the only issue will be with the lease company which will expect to have RFTs on the car upon return if it had been RFT-equipped originally.
Also -but you want to check with your local MOT/DOT or whatever it is called in your neck of the woods- the same type of tires as originally installed might be requested for passing inspection.