View Single Post
      02-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #15
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1X 2.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
This is so not true. Cars with standard coast too, often with the foot touching the brake pedal in anticipation.
This is especially apparent when you approach a hilltop, and you see brake lights coming on. This is likely the #1 cause of traffic jams, as the cars going uphill can't see why the brake lights came on, and do real braking as a result. Which transplants backwards until you have a buildup.

The only difference is that a two-foot driver can touch his brakes while giving gas -- if doing that while driving, you'll wear out the brakes. So two-foot drivers don't generally do that, except when it serves a purpose.

I'm sorry, but this is one of the things that "everybody knows" that just ain't so, just like the 10-2 rule or always turning the brights off when you see another car, or parking with the wipers pointing up when expecting frost.
Jeez. I got a headache from reading that. If anyone else can make heads or tails of it please translate for me and be sure to reference how it pertains to the quote.
TIA
Appreciate 0