03-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Best Non-RFT All Season Tires for X1

Ok,
So I have decided to buy a set of M wheels for my X1.
My X1 came equiped with 17" 318 style. I like them, quite a lot actualy, but it is painful for me to wash them as I want.

So today I have ordered the 18" 355 M double-spoke wheels. Since I do not intend to swap them during the winter (because I hate taking wheels to the dealership and destroy my interior), I ordered four front wheels 8 J x 18.
In this way I can use them for summer and winter as well. Tire rotation can be done as well, however, BMW X1 is a 50:50 balanced vehicle so I don't think I need to do that anyway.

Now I need to find the best compromise tire for my wheels. I am looking for the best All-Season tire that will handle summer, rain and winter in good conditions. I am in Canada and we do get good snow in here, however, I am not a rookie driver, nor my wife, if the tire is a good one I don't see a problem. My ex AWD Jaguar was equiped with Michellin Primacy MXV4 All-Season and I never got stucked with the car. Ever.

The RFT are hard with a not very confy ride, heavy and very expensive. I took one screw last week and one tire cost me $530 to replace. I bought it so I can run well and sell the old wheels properly to the buyer, but I think I am done with RFT.

I have looked on Tire Rack and I found that the most used are:

* Bridgestone Potenza RE970 AS Pole Position (Utra High Performance All-Season)

* Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus (Utra High Performance All-Season)

* Michelin Primacy MXM4 Grand Touring All Season

* Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season (Utra High Performance All-Season)

* Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S All Season ((Utra High Performance All-Season)

If you guys switched to Non RFT tires, please let me know what you choose and why.

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by Teutonic; 03-26-2013 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0