View Single Post
      07-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #10
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsx724 View Post
We are at 1500 miles and there's some pet peeves.

Does not connect with a Nexus 5. This a real downer since the BMW navigation is a pain to use compared to Google voice recognition.

The engine rumble at idle is noticeable and transmitted to the body of the car even in neutral. I don't know if it's by design or if the engine is poorly balanced.

Comfort access doesn't work occasionally.

The speedometer is off by 5%.

The eco-pro doesn't stay on after restarting the car. When it's activated, it says "eco pro tips" but there's no actual tips. It's as if the GUI was unfinished.

Anybody facing similar issues?
I can confirm on Eco-Pro one.. thought i was not clicking the right button but ya it says Tips but there's no going anywhere from there.. Also, the eco-pro gets resets once you manually restart your car but the auto start/stop doesn't mess it up.

BMW Navigation is fine so far except for one thing I noticed - I just couldn't get the option to put building number for Pacific Highway in Sydney (NSW).. also, I've noticed that it's not as easy as using maps in your mobile phone or maybe it's that I'm not yet used to it as I've just completed my first week with my X1 without any prior experience ..

Regarding engine - I'm driving sdrive18d so not sure so no comment!!..

Regarding comfort access, I have noticed it at times when I'm using it non-stop (meaning continuous on/off ) but other times not that I've noticed...

Not sure about the speedometer. Don't have anything to check it.

My Biggest disappointment (apart from others I mentioned in my other post) was my HTC One M8 is not recognised while trying to use BMW Connected app through central console USB as I don't have the snap-in adapter. But everything else works fine - music/office through bluetooth, music through usb.

Last edited by jaeezzy; 07-01-2014 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0